So recently it’s ticked over to 2016 so I thought I would do a little post about the goals I hope to achieve in 2016.
First off I’d like to mention these are just things I ‘hope’ to achieve. Although I see the benefit for some people in setting goals they ‘have’ to achieve I have ultimately found it negatively impacts me. I feel like the pressure is just too much and if you don’t manage to achieve your goal by the set time you can feel like a complete failure. This was not aided by the compulsory goal setting we were subjected to at high school. There was too much pressure to make goals and too much pressure to complete them.
So these are things I will try to achieve, but if I don’t I know I will have accomplished many other things this year.
- I hope to do a lot more photoshoots this year! I had a lot of fun doing the few I did last year and it’s something I’d like to get back into. Isn’t the above image by Tara Lemana gorgeous?
- On another pinup related note I hope to enter more pageants and competitions! I’m planning on entering the Miss Moonshine competition and will be trying for a position in the Glory Days Magazine as a Glory Girl.
- I will be trying to exercise more! I’ve already got a Rollerfit class lined up that I’m hoping to take with some of the lovely Wellington Pinup ladies. I also want to get back into Pole Dancing which I loved doing last year. Before those though I will be doing some of a Pilates DVD I own to build some strength back up.
- I want to take more photos! Photography was one of my favourite subjects in high school and I always love being behind the camera and finding interesting things to take photos of. Maybe I can persuade some of my pinup friends to let Flossy and I take photos of them more.
- I want to learn more languages! I’m most of the way through using Duolingo to learn Swedish and once I’ve finished I hope to start learning Russian. I’ve also been using Pimsleur as an aid to Duolingo. I’m planning on doing a blog post about learning Swedish at some point as well.
- Make more blog posts! Of course I want to improve and fill up this blog this year! I’ll be making a post every Monday and will be trying to get Tutorial Thursday up and running regularly. Also I will be trying my hardest to continue The Great Longline Bra Quest! Funds really hindered me doing more last year, but hopefully I can manage more this year.
And the 7th and final one- I will be trying to buy only ethically made clothing! This is a big one for me as I feel very strongly about this topic. I will be trying to do posts for all major clothing purchases I make throughout the year so that I can help to inform others as well.
Thanks for reading, as usual, and good luck with any goals you may have for the year!